EFFECTIVE HAIR REGENERATION WITH ACELL MATRISTEM + PLATELET RICH PLASMA (PRP) THERAPY
ACell’s MatriStem (ACell) is a non-surgical biomatrix that has proven useful in the repair and regeneration of damaged tissues. ACell’s hair restoration applications are most effective when performed in conjunction with PRP (platelet rich plasma) therapy and injected into the scalp. Platelet rich plasma is comprised of powerful growth factors that promote localized cell growth and expedite the process of angiogenesis (the formation of new blood vessels), whereas ACell Matristem works to activate adult Platelet Rich Plasma within the hair follicles. The combined effects of this dual treatment produce healthier, stronger, hair follicles and more robust hair growth.*
AM I A CANDIDATE FOR ACELL + PRP HAIR REGENERATION?
Ideal candidates for ACell + PRP Injection Therapy are not interested in invasive or surgical hair-loss solutions, but still wish to delay/prevent additional hair loss. As a new solution to treat hair loss, ACell + PRP therapy has proven to be an effective countermeasure for patients suffering from a variety of conditions linked to thinning hair or the total loss of hair, including:
- Hypotrichosis: genetic defect wherein the patient presents with abnormal hair patterns and/or no hair growth
- Male Pattern Hair Loss: ACell + PRP is particularly effective when administered in the early phases of balding, or in cases where the patient has a significant amount of miniaturized hair
- Female Pattern Hair Loss: ACell + PRP has proven an effective countermeasure for female pattern hair loss at both early and advanced stages
- Alopecia Areata: hair loss in round patches
- Alopecia Totalis: the loss of all hair on the scalp
- Hair loss related to metabolic complications, iron deficiency, and/or medication side effects
The professional staff members at Modern Body Contouring and Laser Center (MBody) understand how debilitating and embarrassing it can be to lose your hair. We are pleased to offer ACell + PRP therapy at both of our office locations (Richmond, VA and Vienna, VA), and look forward to helping you achieve the naturally full, thick head of hair you desire.*
YOUR ACELL + PRP HAIR REGENERATION PROCEDURE
Depending upon the extensiveness of the hair loss, ACell + PRP can be performed on the entire scalp or a localized area (i.e. eyebrows, beard). Because of its non-invasive nature, your ACell + PRP injection procedure can be completed in a brief, 90 minute outpatient visit with limited (if any) down time. The typical ACell + PRP hair regeneration procedure involves the following steps:
- A blood sample is obtained and processed to produce the platelet rich plasma (PRP)
- A local anesthetic is utilized to numb the targeted treatment area on the scalp
- The ACell Matristem and PRP are combined and administered via a series of injections with a very fine gauge needle in a matrix pattern across the scalp, primarily focusing on the areas where hair loss is most severe
ACELL + PRP THERAPY ON ABC NEWS
RECOVERY AND RESULTS
The recovery process after ACell + PRP therapy is generally mild, and any pain can easily be mitigated with non-narcotic meds (i.e. ibuprofen). Some patients may experience mild swelling of the forehead 1-2 days after treatment; however, this should abate within 48 hours. Patients are advised to avoid intense physical activity until the swelling has completely subsided, but can resume normal washing of their hair immediately after the treatment.
Many patients observe new hair growth and improvements in hair thickness and density as early as 2 months after the initial treatment, but optimal results can be seen in 4-8 months, and these results will continue to gradually improve for up to one year. Although most patients achieve excellent long-term results with a single treatment, follow-up visits (typically every four months) are important to track your progress, and to determine whether additional procedures may be needed to facilitate optimal hair growth.
ACell + PRP has also proven useful as an ancillary treatment performed in conjunction with FUE Hair Restoration techniques or other forms of Hair Transplant Surgery, and has been shown to increase graft survival rates, improve the quality of native hair, and support rapid healing of the donor area.
*Individual results vary. Results not guaranteed.
CONTACT MODERN BODY CONTOURING AND LASER CENTER (MBODY)
At MBody Contouring and Laser Center, with office locations in Richmond and Tysons Corner, VA, our valued patients know they will receive patient care in a serene, tranquil treatment environment. Your MBody experience will provide you with a much-needed respite from the chaotic pace of everyday life—and will be your time to take care of yourself and emerge rejuvenated, refreshed, and looking your very best! Our commitment to the Five C’s of cosmetic enhancement never falters:
- Convenience: time is a precious commodity and we will never waste yours!
- Customization: every service is meticulously adapted to address your specific needs and goals
- Consistency: we seek to perform advanced treatments with a history of clinical success while upholding extremely high quality and safety standards
- Cutting-edge: our Board certified (ABPS) physicians possess the clinical skillset to perform each treatment with precision—maximizing results while minimizing complications
- Communication: we make the time to review all of your treatment options and details to help you feel confident and relaxed throughout your MBody experience
If you would like additional information about ACell Matristem + Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) therapy, or any of the hair restoration or regeneration services we offer, please contact MBody Contouring and Laser Center today. We look forward to speaking with you, and to scheduling your initial consultation with one of our esteemed practitioners.