Have Glowing Skin and Help Remove that Peach Fuzz.
THE SKIN-SMOOTHING EFFECTS OF DERMAPLANING
For patients seeking a budget-friendly, non-invasive skin-smoothing service to refresh and enhance the appearance of scarred, aged, or sun-damaged skin, the Modern Body Contouring and Laser Center (MBody) team is pleased to offer personalized dermaplaning treatments. Board Certified (ABPS) plastic surgeons Dr. Burton Sundin and Dr. Reps Sundin created MBody to serve as the complementary, non-surgical division of the Virginia Institute of Plastic Surgery, and have selected each of the advanced, next-generation skin treatments on the MBody service menu because of their:
- Non-invasive nature (no anesthesia, incisions, or extended recovery period)
- Ability to produce significant cosmetic improvements and enduring results at a reasonable price
- Track record of safely producing excellent treatment outcomes*
Dermaplaning, also referred to as “blading” or “skin leveling,” can be performed on an outpatient basis from the comfort of either of MBody’s two convenient office locations (Richmond, VA and Vienna, VA). This gentle (yet powerful) exfoliating treatment “refinishes” the top layers of the skin using a technique of precisely-controlled surgical scraping, which serves to smooth and soften the skin’s texture and appearance, revealing radiantly glowing, healthy skin!
IS DERMAPLANING RIGHT FOR YOU?
Dermaplaning is an optimal treatment choice for patients who present with:
- Vellus hair (fine facial hair, “peach fuzz”)
- Rosacea (facial redness, blotchiness)
- Facial scars (surgery-, acne-, or injury-related)
- Facial vascular lesions (i.e. spider veins)
- Sensitive skin
- Fine lines and wrinkles
- Pre-cancerous growths (keratosis)
Because of its ability to soften and blur the sharp edges of irregularities on the surface of the skin, dermaplaning is often utilized to improve the appearance of deep acne scars and pockmarks. However, although it is ideally suited to minimize acne scarring, dermaplaning is not a good choice for patients with acne-prone skin or current acne flare-ups.
By removing the outermost layers of dead skin cells, dermaplaning offers the additional benefit of optimizing the penetration of at-home skincare products, thus boosting the efficacy of the products and prolonging the rejuvenating effects of your in-office skin treatments.
THE MBODY DERMAPLANING EXPERIENCE
Dermaplaning is a fast, painless treatment that will not trigger any redness or skin irritation, and can be modified to target either small areas of skin or the entire face. During your treatment, one of our experienced practitioners will use a scalpel blade to delicately exfoliate the outer layers of dead skin cells and remove any vellus hair (“peach fuzz”). Because of its soft, fine structural composition, vellus hair will not grow in thicker or coarser after it has been removed.
Following the completion of your dermaplaning session, you may immediately resume your normal activities—don’t be surprised by the amazed looks from your friends and family when they see your clear, luminously beautiful skin! To extend your skin-smoothing results, periodic maintenance treatments can be scheduled at 3-4 week intervals.*
Although dermaplaning can be performed on its own, it can also safely be administered in conjunction with ancillary skin treatments for a more comprehensive facial rejuvenation. Dermaplaning has been shown to amplify the results of complementary services, such as a chemical peel, by facilitating a deeper and more uniform penetration of the chemicals in the peel.
*Individual results vary. Results not guaranteed.
CONTACT MODERN BODY CONTOURING AND LASER CENTER (MBODY)
At MBody Contouring and Laser Center, with office locations in Richmond and Tysons Corner, VA, our valued patients know they will receive patient care in a serene, tranquil treatment environment. Your MBody experience will provide you with a much-needed respite from the chaotic pace of everyday life—and will be your time to take care of yourself and emerge rejuvenated, refreshed, and looking your very best! Our commitment to the Five C’s of cosmetic enhancement never falters:
- Convenience: time is a precious commodity and we will never waste yours!
- Customization: every service is meticulously adapted to address your specific needs and goals
- Consistency: we seek to perform advanced treatments with a history of clinical success while upholding extremely high quality and safety standards
- Cutting-edge: our Board certified (ABPS) physicians possess the clinical skillset to perform each treatment with precision—maximizing results while minimizing complications
- Communication: we make the time to review all of your treatment options and details to help you feel confident and relaxed throughout your MBody experience
If you would like additional information about non-invasive dermaplaning treatments at MBody Contouring and Laser Center, please contact our office today. We look forward to speaking with you, and to scheduling your initial consultation at either of our convenient office locations in Richmond, Virginia and Tysons Corner (Vienna), Virginia. To schedule a consultation please call 703-740-8333 or Click Here.