Diminish The Signs of Sun Damage and Aging.
DERMAL OPTICAL THERMOLYSIS (DOT) THERAPY™ CO2 LASER RESURFACING
Although the health risks of excessive sun exposure are frequently highlighted and discussed, the fact that UV rays are also responsible for causing 80% of the visible signs of aging (i.e. wrinkles, skin discoloration, uneven skin tone, sagging skin, rough skin texture) is something that is often overlooked. Referred to as “photo-aging,” “photo-damage,” or “sun damage”, these unwelcome changes to our skin can significantly detract from our overall appearance, aging us prematurely and producing a worn, haggard visage.
At Modern Body Contouring and Laser Center (MBody), with office locations in Richmond, VA and Vienna, VA, Board certified (ABPS) plastic surgeons Dr. Burton Sundin and Dr. Reps Sundin are pleased to offer patients a non-invasive solution to the prevalent issue of photo-aged skin in the form of next-generation dermal optical thermolysis (DOT) Therapy™ treatments with the SmartXide DOT CO2 laser. DOT Therapy™ CO2 laser treatments are quickly gaining popularity as an excellent option for treating mild to moderate signs of photo-damage and photo-aging because they are low-risk, non-surgical treatments with the ability to:
- Consistently produce remarkable skin-rejuvenation results in a mere 30-60 minutes
- Promote rapid healing with minimal post-treatment downtime
- Reflect each patient’s unique treatment needs and goals
- Address and correct multiple skin concerns simultaneously to renew and refresh the skin’s appearance and health
- Improve the appearance of aged, sun-damaged, and acne-prone skin
- Boost collagen levels to enhance skin texture and firmness
- Smooth wrinkles and fine lines
- Minimize the appearance of scars resulting from acne, surgery, or injury*
Prior to your outpatient DOT Therapy™ laser treatment, your MBody practitioner will fine-tune the SmartXide DOT CO2 laser settings to fully customize your treatment and optimize your results. Adjustments will also be made throughout the procedure to more accurately address your specific areas of concern, and to ensure your comfort and safety throughout the duration of the procedure. Although inherently non-invasive, skin resurfacing with the DOT CO2 laser is a powerful treatment, and should only be performed by trained medical professionals, such as the MBody staff members.
WHAT SETS DOT THERAPY APART FROM OTHER RESURFACING TREATMENTS?
The lengthy, oftentimes painful CO2 laser resurfacing treatments of the past are now being replaced by the gentler, more advanced technology such as the DOT Therapy ™ SmartXide Laser for a multitude of reasons, as elaborated in the comparison that follows:
Traditional CO2 Laser Resurfacing:
- Ablative vaporization of the outermost layers of skin resulting in extended recovery time (1-3 weeks)
- Limited flexibility to customize treatment protocols
- Heightened risk of adverse reactions and side effects, such as post-treatment redness, discomfort, and possible bleeding
- Unsafe for use on non-facial areas (i.e. neck and décolletage)
DOT Therapy™ SmartXide Laser:
- Minimal discomfort and shorter recovery time (3-5 days)
- DOT Therapy™ pattern creates thousands of microscopic perforations (a.k.a. “wounds” or “DOTs”) in the skin while leaving the areas around each ‘DOT’ intact, thereby minimizing the damage to the skin and adjacent tissues and expediting the healing process
- Adjustable settings to target and treat various types of damage while allowing for fully-customizable treatments
- Safe and appropriate for use on a variety of treatment sites, including non-facial areas (neck, décolletage, and hands)
- Negligible risk of adverse reactions, such as post-treatment bleeding/redness
*Individual results may vary. Results not guaranteed.
CONTACT MODERN BODY CONTOURING AND LASER CENTER (MBODY)
At MBody Contouring and Laser Center, with office locations in Richmond and Tysons Corner, VA, our valued patients know they will receive patient care in a serene, tranquil treatment environment. Your MBody experience will provide you with a much-needed respite from the chaotic pace of everyday life—and will be your time to take care of yourself and emerge rejuvenated, refreshed, and looking your very best! Our commitment to the Five C’s of cosmetic enhancement never falters:
- Convenience: time is a precious commodity and we will never waste yours!
- Customization: every service is meticulously adapted to address your specific needs and goals
- Consistency: we seek to perform advanced treatments with a history of clinical success while upholding extremely high quality and safety standards
- Cutting-edge: our Board certified (ABPS) physicians possess the clinical skillset to perform each treatment with precision—maximizing results while minimizing complications
- Communication: we make the time to review all of your treatment options and details to help you feel confident and relaxed throughout your MBody experience
If you would like additional information about the customized CO2 DOT therapy laser treatments offered at MBody Contouring and Laser Center, please contact our office today. We look forward to speaking with you, and to scheduling your initial consultation at either of our convenient office locations in Richmond, Virginia and Tysons Corner (Vienna), Virginia.
To schedule a consultation please call 703-740-8333 or Click Here.
Serving Northern Virginia, Washington DC, Vienna, McLean, Loudoun, Ashburn, Tysons Corner, Reston, Arlington, Chevy Chase, Richmond and surrounding communities.