Restore Your Naturally Beautiful Breasts and Re-Discover Your Naturally Beautiful Self
Beautiful, natural-looking breasts play an important role in both a woman’s appearance and her self-confidence, but just how much of a role often goes unrecognized until unfortunate and unexpected changes to the breasts undermine both. For women who have suffered a traumatic injury to their breasts or who have undergone a mastectomy as part of a treatment regime for breast cancer, losing one or both breasts can have a deeply traumatic impact on their emotional well-being just at a time when they should be celebrating and enjoying life to its fullest. And for women who have made the difficult choice to alter their breast profile through breast augmentation surgery but find themselves dissatisfied with the look and/or feel of their new breasts, the disappointment can be truly devastating.
At Modern Body Contouring and Laser Center (MBody), located in Richmond, Virginia and Vienna, Virginia, we believe that every woman deserves the naturally beautiful breasts and the naturally beautiful figure she wants. Dr. Reps Sundin and Dr. Burton Sundin, MBody’s experienced, Board Certified (ABPS) plastic surgeons, offer fully-customized breast reconstruction surgery and breast revision surgery individually tailored to restore your beautiful, shapely physique. Although both reconstruction and revision surgery can entail significant difficulties depending on the specific nature of the prior surgery, Drs. Sundin have both the experience and talent needed to overcome the challenges presented by your prior surgical history, as well as knowledge of the most advanced surgical techniques, in order to achieve stellar results and recreate breasts that look exactly the way you want them to.*Schedule a Consultation Now
Am I a Candidate for Breast Revision Surgery?
Breast revision surgery is intended for any individual who finds herself unhappy with the appearance of her original breast augmentation. In many cases, individuals seeking revision may be unhappy with the size or profile created by the original surgery, either because the original surgery did not fulfill their aesthetic expectations or, less commonly, because their aesthetic tastes have changed over time. However, revision surgery may also be required to fix a complication with the original surgery. The most common complications requiring revision surgery include:
- Capsular contracture: the hardening or thickening of the scar tissue surrounding the implant, which squeezes the implant and causes it to feel hard and/or look too round and firm. Capsular contracture can also cause the implant to shift to an incorrect position, and in the worst cases, it can be extremely painful.
- Wrinkling, rippling, or creation of ridges on the implant: Wrinkling and rippling along the skin of the implant is usually only visible when there is too little natural breast tissue surrounding the implant. Revision surgery may involve altering the implant type or adding a layer of artificial tissue to the existing implant pocket.
- Problems with Implant Placement: Improper placement of the implant during the original surgery can, unfortunately, lead to unsightly aesthetic problems, such as so-called “double bubble deformity”, in which the original breast tissues appears to sit on top of the implant.
Am I a Candidate for Breast Reconstruction Surgery?
For women who have undergone a mastectomy, double mastectomy, or other breast cancer treatment, have a genetic deformity of the breast, or whose breast has been injured in an accident or trauma, the goal of breast reconstruction surgery is to recreate breasts that look and feel natural and restore the breast profile to its original appearance. In most cases, breast reconstruction will utilize implants carefully selected to ensure symmetry and balance if only one breast requires reconstruction, or that restore the breasts to their pre-surgery size, shape, and feel. In many cases involving reconstruction after breast cancer treatment, donor tissue from other areas of the patient’s body (the buttocks or abdomen) may be utilized to recreate a natural breast mound and support the implant (so-called “flap” techniques). As with all breast surgeries, breast reconstruction is a highly customized procedure, and your unique surgical plan will depend on your medical history, anatomy, and aesthetic goals. Dr. Sundin will work closely with you throughout each step of the reconstruction process to ensure that you achieve a natural, beautiful chest profile.
*Individual results may vary. Results are not guaranteed.
Contact Modern Body Contouring and Laser Center (MBody)
At MBody Contouring and Laser Center, with office locations in Richmond and Tysons Corner, VA, our valued patients know they will receive patient care in a serene, tranquil treatment environment. Your MBody experience will provide you with a much-needed respite from the chaotic pace of everyday life—and will be your time to take care of yourself and emerge rejuvenated, refreshed, and looking your very best! Our commitment to the Five C’s of cosmetic enhancement never falters:
- Convenience: time is a precious commodity and we will never waste yours!
- Customization: every service is meticulously adapted to address your specific needs and goals
- Consistency: we seek to perform advanced treatments with a history of clinical success while upholding extremely high quality and safety standards
- Cutting-edge: our Board certified (ABPS) physicians possess the clinical skillset to perform each treatment with precision—maximizing results while minimizing complications
- Communication: we make the time to review all of your treatment options and details to help you feel confident and relaxed throughout your MBody experience
If you are displeased with the results of a prior breast surgery and believe you may be ready for breast revision surgery, or if you require breast reconstruction, please contact MBody Contouring and Laser Center today. We look forward to speaking with you, and to scheduling your initial consultation with one of our esteemed cosmetic surgeons.