Amazing Facial Rejuvenation Using Your Body’s Own Natural Tissues!
Getting older is inevitable. Letting the world see you getting older doesn’t have to be! Thanks to revolutionary advances in aesthetic technology, skilled cosmetic surgeons such as Dr. Reps Sundin and Dr. Burton Sundin, Board Certified (ABPS) plastic surgeons at Modern Body Contouring and Laser Center (MBody) in Richmond and Vienna, Virginia, now have the ability to use your body’s own tissues to minimize and even reduce the signs of aging on your face caused by the natural breakdown of your body’s delicate facial tissues. Autologous facial fat transfer (also known as microlipoinjection, fat injection, fat grafting) is an incredible, minimally-invasive method of naturally rejuvenating your facial appearance by using your own body fat to plump up emaciated, hollow, or sunken areas of the face, fill in lines, wrinkles, and creases, and refresh and revitalize your naturally-beautiful, youthful glow!*Schedule a Consultation Now
What are the benefits of a facial fat transfer?
Facial fat transfer procedures offer a number of significant anti-aging and other cosmetic benefits, and is an ideal solution for anyone concerned about:
- Fine lines, wrinkles, folds, and creases on the face, including “laugh lines”, “crow’s feet”, marionette lines, and furrows, wrinkles, and creases on the forehead and brow
- Hollow, gaunt, or sunken facial contours, especially around the lips, cheeks, and temples
- Lost volume in the cheeks, chin, and under-eye area
- Thin, dry lips
- Depressions or indentations in the skin
- Acne or injury-related scars
Refreshing your skin with a transfer of your body’s own natural fatty tissue gives the skin a softer, fuller, plumper appearance, enhancing and revitalizing your appearance with visible improvements in your skin’s condition and texture.*
What is the difference between a facial fat transfer and dermal filler injection?
One of the primary benefits of autologous fat transfer is that it harnesses your body’s own fatty tissues, unlike dermal fillers, which involve the introduction of a foreign material into the body. Utilization of your body’s own substances decreases the risk of sensitivities and irritation, and is an ideal option for individuals who are prone to allergies or sensitivities, especially to products containing collagen or Hylaform®.
Another significant benefit of facial fat transfer over dermal fillers is duration of results. Fillers based on hyaluronic acid break down and are absorbed by the body within months of injection, requiring frequent maintenance injections for optimal results. Injections of your body’s own fatty tissue, on the other hand, can last from several months to more than two years, and may even provide lasting results in some cases.*
What does a facial fat transfer involve?
Facial fat transfer is a comfortable and safe minimally-invasive procedure that can be performed in the MBody offices in either Richmond or Vienna, Virginia. It can be performed under local anesthesia and is usually associated with very little discomfort and little (if any) downtime. In some cases, Dr. Sundin may recommend facial fat transfer as a supplementary procedure to maximize and extend the results of other cosmetic procedures, such as a facelift.*
Facial fat grafting involves three basic steps:
- Step 1: Small amounts of excess fatty tissue are harvested from a donor site on the patient’s own body (usually the abdomen, thighs, hips, neck, or chin) utilizing a gentle, non-invasive liposuction technique
- Step 2: The donated fat cells are isolated, sterilized, and separated, with unhealthy or damaged cells discarded
- Step 3: the sterilized, prepared fat cells are carefully injected into the targeted facial areas using a very small needle to ensure smooth, even, natural-looking results
Facial fat transfer is associated with only minimal, temporary side effects. Some patients may notice slight swelling and/or bruising around the injection sites, which should disappear within in a few days. Any mild discomfort can be managed with over-the-counter pain medication, and most patients are able to return to their normal daily activities within 12-24 hours of their procedure. The improvement in your skin’s warm, healthy glow should be immediately apparent, and will continue to improve once the residual swelling has subsided.*
*Individual results may vary. Results are not guaranteed.
Contact Modern Body Contouring and Laser Center (MBody)
At MBody Contouring and Laser Center, with office locations in Richmond and Tysons Corner, VA, our valued patients know they will receive patient care in a serene, tranquil treatment environment. Your MBody experience will provide you with a much-needed respite from the chaotic pace of everyday life—and will be your time to take care of yourself and emerge rejuvenated, refreshed, and looking your very best! Our commitment to the Five C’s of cosmetic enhancement never falters:
- Convenience: time is a precious commodity and we will never waste yours!
- Customization: every service is meticulously adapted to address your specific needs and goals
- Consistency: we seek to perform advanced treatments with a history of clinical success while upholding extremely high quality and safety standards
- Cutting-edge: our Board certified (ABPS) physicians possess the clinical skillset to perform each treatment with precision—maximizing results while minimizing complications
- Communication: we make the time to review all of your treatment options and details to help you feel confident and relaxed throughout your MBody experience
If you are concerned about the visible signs of aging on your face and would like more information about whether you may be ready for facial fat transfer, we encourage you to contact MBody Contouring and Laser Center today. We look forward to speaking with you, and to scheduling your initial consultation with one of our esteemed cosmetic surgeons.