BRING BACK A FULL, THICK HEAD OF HAIR WITH FUE (Follicular Unit Extraction) HAIR RESTORATION
By age 50, more than 75% of men will notice some hair loss, typically caused by androgenetic alopecia (genetic male pattern baldness); however, male hair loss can also be exacerbated by stress, illness, and even some medications. Moreover, although often thought of as a problem for men, approximately 21 million women in America also suffer from significant hair loss and thinning hair across the crown and scalp.
The fact that hair loss is a widespread, gender-blind cosmetic issue makes it no less devastating for individuals facing the aesthetic consequences of this problem every day, and whose reflection mirrors back the many ways in which a receding hairline and/or thinning hair can detract from a youthful appearance. Fortunately, advances in hair restoration technology have led to the development of a revolutionary technique known as Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE)—a minimally-invasive way to transplant and re-grow hair follicles that consistently produces a thick, natural-looking head of hair.*
Optimal FUE hair restoration results are more likely to be achieved when this meticulous FUE technique is performed by skilled, experienced physicians, such as Board certified (ABPS) plastic surgeons Dr. Burton Sundin and Dr. Reps Sundin at The Modern Body Contouring and Laser Center (MBody). The Doctors chose to offer FUE hair transplants at MBody because they understand the demoralizing impact hair loss can have for both men and women, and were displeased by the limitations and inherent flaws of alternative hair restoration/transplantation methods (i.e. “strip harvesting” follicular unit transplantation—FUT).
Hair transplantation is not a one-size-fits-all procedure and standardized treatment protocols will never produce the best possible outcome, which is why during your consultation at MBody, we will design a precisely-customized FUE hair transplant treatment plan that is reflective of your unique aesthetic goals and will match your natural hairline structure.
THE FUE HAIR TRANSPLANT DIFFERENCE
All hair transplant procedures require the relocation of hair follicles from the “harvest area” on the patient’s own body to the transplant area, where they stimulate the growth of new hair. Although hair can be transplanted from any part of the body, hair harvested from the sides and/or back of the head tends to be the most natural-looking and resistant to genetic baldness. Prior to the development of the follicular unit extraction (FUE) method, the hair follicle harvesting process involved removing an entire strip of hair from the scalp. This invasive surgical procedure required complete sedation with general anesthesia, and often resulted in major scarring.
FUE hair restoration improves upon these older techniques by automating the hair follicle harvesting process, which:
- Minimizes the risk of complications associated with what was previously an invasive surgical procedure— FUE can be performed under local anesthesia in an outpatient setting
- Consistently produces better results—at no point during the procedure are the hair follicles touched, so they are better preserved and more likely to successfully re-grow hair
- Allows the safe transplantation of thousands of hairs in a single session, creating a lasting, natural-looking hairline without undesirable scarring
- Reduces the cost of the hair restoration procedure, making it a feasible option for a greater number of patients
- Expedites both procedure time and post-operative recovery time
- Reduces the use of unsightly sutures and surgical staples
- Decreases the potential for bleeding, damaged nerves/blood vessels, and discomfort
YOUR FUE EXPERIENCE
A typical FUE hair transplantation process takes between 3-8 hours and can be performed under local anesthesia on an outpatient basis at one of MBody’s two convenient locations (Richmond and Tysons Corner, VA). During the hair transplant procedure, a small surgical punch will be utilized to surround and pneumatically remove individual follicular units (each containing 1-4 hairs). The units are then separated by size and kept damp with a sterile saline mist before they are implanted in the designated transplant area.
Although you will notice an immediate improvement in the appearance of your hairline at the conclusion of your hair transplant procedure, lasting results will not become apparent until 3-4 months later, when the implanted follicles have begun growing new hair. Two or three weeks after the procedure, you will likely observe some shedding of the hairs that have been transplanted with the follicles—this is perfectly normal and means that the follicles have begun promoting the growth of new hair. A few months later, you will be left with a youthfully-full head of naturally-growing hair.*
For patients seeking to expedite and maximize the results of their FUE hair transplantation procedure, mBody offers iGrow Low Level Laser Therapy (LLLT), a light-based at-home treatment proven to stimulate new hair growth and boost the efficacy of your FUE hair transplantation procedure without any side effects. The laser energy emitted during LLLT treatments reverses follicular apoptosis (programmed cell death), promotes the growth of new hair, and facilitates a more expedient healing process, which makes it an excellent supplementary therapy to FUE hair transplantation.
*Individual results may vary. Results are not guaranteed.
CONTACT MODERN BODY CONTOURING AND LASER CENTER (MBODY)
At MBody Contouring and Laser Center, with office locations in Richmond and Tysons Corner, VA, our valued patients know they will receive patient care in a serene, tranquil treatment environment. Your MBody experience will provide you with a much-needed respite from the chaotic pace of everyday life—and will be your time to take care of yourself and emerge rejuvenated, refreshed, and looking your very best! Our commitment to the Five C’s of cosmetic enhancement never falters:
- Convenience: time is a precious commodity and we will never waste yours!
- Customization: every service is meticulously adapted to address your specific needs and goals
- Consistency: we seek to perform advanced treatments with a history of clinical success while upholding extremely high quality and safety standards
- Cutting-edge: our Board certified (ABPS) physicians possess the clinical skillset to perform each treatment with precision—maximizing results while minimizing complications
- Communication: we make the time to review all of your treatment options and details to help you feel confident and relaxed throughout your MBody experience
If you are concerned about hair loss and would like additional information about FUE hair transplantation and restoration services, please contact MBody Contouring and Laser Center today. We look forward to speaking with you, and to scheduling your initial consultation with one of our highly-esteemed practitioners.
Serving Northern Virginia, Washington DC, Vienna, McLean, Loudoun, Ashburn, Tysons Corner, Reston, Arlington, Chevy Chase, Richmond and surrounding communities.