An Uplifted, Youthful Bust Line With A Breast Lift!
Our experiences and ever-changing life events are the spice of life which mold our very being and make us who we are. That being said, some of those events can actually wreak havoc on our bodies. The effects of pregnancy, time, and weight fluctuations can all affect the shape, symmetry, and position of our breasts. Once the breast has lost volume or elasticity, it begins to droop or sag and the nipple and areolar complex (colored area around nipple) will descend. Many patients feel self-conscious about the appearance of their breasts, and these changes can even alter what they are able to wear.
A mastopexy (breast lift) surgery addresses those concerns head on. The procedure is designed to remove excess skin and lift the breast and nipple/areolar complex position to be much more pleasing and youthful. A breast lift can also address issues with symmetry (evenness) of the breasts. It is an effective surgical tool which allows you to restore your bust line and give you back your confidence and feminine beauty!*
Whether you have always had low breasts or they have changed with the passing years, the loss of elasticity can happen for a variety of reasons, including:
- Weight loss or fluctuation
At MBody, Dr. Reps Sundin and Dr. Burton Sundin have combined their skill and expertise as Board Certified (ABPS) Plastic Surgeons to offer the latest advances in surgical and non-surgical cosmetic procedures to patients in the Richmond, Virginia area. Our facility is equipped with not only cutting-edge technology and devices, but also a trained, experienced staff committed to our standards of offering an exceedingly high level of patient care. We value the trust you put in us to help you achieve your aesthetic goals. When you select one of our doctors at MBody for your breast lift procedure, you can rest assured that we will work with you to come up with a surgical plan that is tailored to you and your specific desires!
Breast Lift Procedures
Breasts come in a variety of shapes and sizes and no two are alike. If you have considered a breast lift procedure, it is probably because you are dissatisfied with the position of your breasts or nipples. Breast lifts can be customized based on the degree of droop each breast has and may also be paired with implants if added volume is desired. Here are some of the different types of lift that may be available to you:
- Crescent Lift-When the nipple or areolar complex is mildly low set, a crescent lift procedure can be performed to raise it. This is done by removing a crescent shaped amount of skin from the top curve of your areola. Since the incision is made along the areolar complex where the skin color changes, the scar blends and camouflages almost completely.
- Circumareolar Lift-A circumareolar lift (AKA Benelli lift) is also used when droop or asymmetry is mild. This lift involves removing a doughnut-shaped amount of skin around the areolar complex and then using a purse-string type suture to pull, tighten, and lift the skin of the breast. This procedure can also be used when reducing the size of the areola and leaves a scar around the areolar complex that fades over time.
- Vertical Lift-A vertical lift is sometimes called a ‘lollipop’ lift because the incisions resemble a lollipop shape. This lift involves removing excess or lax skin around the areolar complex and then in a vertical line down to the crease. It is ideally suited for patients with moderate droop or sag.
- Full Lift-A full lift is often referred to as an anchor lift again because of the shape of the incisions. The incisions mirror that of a vertical lift but also requires an incision along the breast crease (like an anchor underneath each breast). Though it is the most invasive of the lift procedures, the effects can completely change the appearance of severely hanging or drooping breasts.
*Individual results may vary. Results are not guaranteed.
CONTACT MODERN BODY CONTOURING AND LASER CENTER (MBODY)
At MBody Contouring and Laser Center, with office locations in Richmond and Tysons Corner, VA, our valued patients know they will receive patient care in a serene, tranquil treatment environment. Your MBody experience will provide you with a much-needed respite from the chaotic pace of everyday life—and will be your time to take care of yourself and emerge rejuvenated, refreshed, and looking your very best!
If you would like additional information about a breast lift procedure to enhance the appearance of your breasts, please contact MBody Contouring and Laser Center today. We look forward to speaking with you, and to scheduling your initial consultation with one of our esteemed practitioners.