Breast Reduction Surgery For A Sculpted, Masculine Chest Contour
Gynecomastia or enlarged male breasts is a not an uncommon condition in men, and unfortunately, it can be the source of great physical discomfort, social anxiety, and even negatively affect self-esteem. Luckily, male breast reduction surgery is more commonplace today than ever before, and can help reduce breast size, flattening and shaping your chest contours for a masculine appeal. When you have tried diet and exercise and still find yourself frustrated with enlarged breast tissue, gynecomastia surgery can help give your chest the masculine contour you desire!*
Many men suffering from gynecomastia find themselves avoiding physical activities, family time at the beach, and many other situations in order to hide their condition. Yet when treated with a surgical intervention, gynecomastia can be improved significantly if not corrected completely. You should consider gynecomastia treatment if you have one or more of the following indications:
- Your chest contour affects your ability to participate in sports
- If you have reluctance to remove your shirt due to your chest appearance
- If you want to improve your body’s overall proportions
- If you experience emotional distress associated with excess breast size or excess chest skin
- If you want to improve your self-esteem
If you believe the time has come for surgical treatment for your gynecomastia, you will want to find a surgeon with the experience and artistry to provide you with safe, effective, and natural-looking results. You can find this at the Modern Body Contouring and Laser Center (MBody) located in the Richmond and Vienna, VA areas. Dr. Reps Sundin and Dr. Burton Sundin are both Board Certified (ABPS) plastic surgeons with the skill and expertise to develop an individualized surgical plan completely tailored to restore a masculine and shapely physique. Understanding the nuances and subtleties of this type of procedure is the key to getting optimal results. Dr. Reps and Burton Sundin utilize their knowledge in this area and combine them with the most advanced surgical techniques to give you results you will want to show off.
Your Surgical Options
Depending on your specific concerns and unique anatomy, we will devise a plan-of-care that is best indicated for you. The procedures are usually performed under general anesthesia to ensure your comfort and safety. Most patients take about a week off work to recover depending on the scope of the procedure. There are a few surgical options that can treat gynecomastia:
- Liposuction: In cases where gynecomastia is the result of excess fatty tissue alone, surgical liposuction may be effective. Ideal candidates would also have good skin tone and elasticity for maximum benefits.
- Excision of tissue: This procedure is more involved and is used to correct excess breast tissue and/or excess skin. This procedure also helps to reposition the areola (colored part around the nipple) to a more natural male contour. Incision patterns vary depending on your specific conditions.
- Combination: A combination of liposuction and surgical excision can also be used to effectively treat gynecomastia where excess fatty tissue and glandular tissue are present.
*Individual results may vary and results are not guaranteed. This procedure is not intended for weight loss, and the results may not be permanent with subsequent weight gain.
Contact Modern Body Contouring and Laser Center (MBody)
At MBody Contouring and Laser Center, with office locations in Richmond and Tysons Corner, VA, our valued patients know they will receive patient care in a serene, tranquil treatment environment. Your MBody experience will provide you with a much-needed respite from the chaotic pace of everyday life—and will be your time to take care of yourself and emerge rejuvenated, refreshed, and looking your very best!
If you are displeased with the size and shape of your chest and believe you may be ready to enhance your physique with male breast reduction surgery, we encourage you to contact MBody Contouring and Laser Center today. We look forward to speaking with you, and to scheduling your initial consultation with one of our esteemed cosmetic surgeons.