The Modern Body Contouring and Laser Center is pleased to introduce a less invasive mini arm lift procedure to enhance your upper arm contours and create a sleeker and more proportionate upper body figure. A mini brachioplasty or mini arm lift will sculpt your arm tissue by removing excess fat and tighten the loose skin to give you the desired look in your arms, which are a highly visible, focal point in your body.
Are You a Candidate for a Mini Arm Lift?
Dr. Sundin at MBody has designed the mini arm lift procedure for women and men who want to achieve a youthful upper body appearance through tighter and toned looking arms, but wish to avoid a highly invasive surgery. You could be an ideal candidate for a mini arm lift if you fit into one or more of the following criteria:
- You have loose or saggy skin in the upper arms
- You have unsightly fat bulges in the upper arms
- You have both loose skin and excess fatty tissue in this area
- You have undergone a major weight loss, resulting in loose arm skin
- You have experienced saggy upper arms post-pregnancy
Mini Arm Lift Procedure at MBody in 5 Easy Steps
Dr. Sundin will create a customized treatment plan according to your unique upper body anatomy, the amount of skin and fat in your upper arms, and your personal aesthetic goals. Mini arm lift is an outpatient procedure, which depending on the extent of your surgery, may need to be performed under general anesthesia. Dr. Sundin will perform the following steps in the operating room to complete your arm lift procedure:
- Placing the Markings: As a first step, Dr. Sundin will place the markings in discreet locations on the underside of your upper arms, where very small incisions will be created. Dr. Sundin will aim to hide the incisions in the armpit and below the arm to minimize any subsequent scarring.
- Tumescent Anesthesia: Through the tiny incisions, Dr. Sundin will deliver a numbing fluid along with saline solution in the targeted tissue depths. This will make the procedure completely painless, and allow for the removal of unwanted fatty cells with least amount of manual manipulation.
- Awake Liposuction: Dr. Sundin may utilize advanced radiofrequency (RF) energy to liquefy the fat cells for their easy and minimally invasive removal. He will use a very fine cannula (usually only up to 5 mm in diameter) to remove as much as excess fat as possible through the tiny incisions.
- Loose Skin Removal: Following the minimally invasive liposuction, Dr. Sundin will remove the excess skin tissue from the upper arms through very small incisions. He will utilize the principles of both science and art to achieve the optimal skin tightening in a least invasive manner possible.
- Renuvion J-Plasma: This is the signature technique at MBody, which will be performed on the remaining skin. It is involves the use of advanced plasma technology. The cool helium plasma energy will help in tightening and smoothing the skin, and promote new collagen production to create natural volume and elasticity.
Post-Operative Recovery Time
Unlike a traditional arm lift, which can involve a downtime of one week to 10 days, a mini arm lift recovery will be much faster. You can expect to return to your daily routine in about two to three days. While some temporary swelling and soreness will be present in the treated sites, it will resolve quickly on its own. We advise patients to refrain from vigorous activities and exercises for a few days to allow for proper healing.