SPECIALTY SKINCARE PRODUCTS
At Modern Body Contouring and Laser Center (MBody), we understand the importance of supplementing your in-office aesthetic services with an effective at-home skincare regimen that has been meticulously customized for your unique skin type and cosmetic concerns. Although there are an overwhelming number of retail skincare products to choose from, the top three reasons to select medical grade skincare products (only available through medical providers) in lieu of over the counter (OTC) products you can purchase at your local drugstore are:
- Pharmaceutical grade products are formulated with more concentrated levels of the active ingredients necessary to see significant visible improvements in skin tone, texture, pigmentation, fine lines, and wrinkles
- Medical-grade products contain sophisticated delivery systems that allow the active ingredients to penetrate deep into the dermis, where collagen is made and new skin cells are produced. In contrast, OTC products sit on the top layer of skin and are never absorbed into the innermost skin layers, meaning that these products will provide moisturizing benefits, but not much else
- Unlike OTC products, medical grade products are monitored by the Food and Drug Administration and must stand up to more rigorous testing and safety standards
An effective at-home skincare program is the best way to maximize and extend your in-office results, and who better to design your customized skin regimen than a Board Certified physician? At both of our MBody practice locations (Richmond, VA and Vienna, VA), our Board Certified plastic surgeons (Dr. Burton Sundin and Dr. Reps Sundin) and licensed medical aestheticians design our patients’ skincare regimens utilizing powerful, medical grade products from respected and established leaders in the skincare industry, such as the SkinMedica® product line and the Neotensil™ daily under-eye reshaping procedure.
SKINMEDICA® PRODUCT LINE
The SkinMedica® skincare line was developed after 20 years of clinical product research, development, and independent laboratory testing. Every SkinMedica® product is comprised of unique, patented blends of recovery and growth compounds and has been carefully formulated to revitalize the skin and restore a youthfully smooth, lifted, rejuvenated appearance.
Because of the distinctive composition of each patient’s skin, a ‘one size fits all’ standardized approach to at-home skincare will never produce optimal results. For this reason, when your MBody licensed medical aesthetician is creating your personalized at-home skincare program, they will take into account all pertinent factors, including your: age, current skin concerns, preventive skin needs, skin hydration level, skin type (oily, dry, combination, sensitive, normal), skin tone, and Fitzpatrick scale level (measures the skin’s ability to tolerate sun exposure). Taking into consideration all of the aforementioned variables, your trained technician will select only those products that are specifically formulated to safely and effectively:
- Treat and correct your current skin problems
- Prevent future skin damage and delay the visible signs of aging
- Enhance the overall condition and appearance of your skin
- Boost and extend the results of your in-office cosmetic treatments
CONTACT MODERN BODY CONTOURING AND LASER CENTER (MBODY)
The Modern Body Contouring and Laser Center is a state-of-the-art aesthetic enhancement practice with service delivery capabilities that far surpass those of a traditional med spa—we possess the unique ability to provide a broad range of non-invasive cosmetic services while also offering plastic surgery consultations for our patients upon request. Board Certified plastic surgeons Dr. Burton Sundin and Dr. Reps Sundin created MBody to serve as the non-surgical division of their successful plastic surgery practice, The Virginia Institute of Plastic Surgery. Our valued patients take comfort in knowing that they are in the care of esteemed medical professionals, and that they will achieve results in a serene, tranquil treatment environment. Your experience at MBody will provide you with a much-needed respite from the chaotic pace of everyday life—this is your time to take care of yourself and emerge rejuvenated, refreshed, and looking your very best!
The MBody Center sets itself apart from other aesthetic service providers through our unwavering commitment to the Five C’s of cosmetic enhancement:
- Convenience: time is a precious commodity and we will never waste yours!
- Customization: every service is meticulously adapted to address your specific needs and goals
- Consistency: we perform advanced treatments with proven records of clinical success while upholding the highest quality and safety standard.
- Cutting-edge: our board-certified plastic surgeons possess the unique clinical skillset to perform each treatment with precision—maximizing results while minimizing complications
- Communication: we take the time to review all of your treatment options and procedural details to help you feel confident and relaxed throughout your MBody experience. If you think that you may benefit from more intensive corrective services, we can provide you with the necessary information about surgical enhancement options that can be performed in lieu of (or as a supplement to) your non-invasive treatments
If you would like additional information about any of our specialty at-home skincare products, including the NeoTensil non-surgical eye lift, please contact MBody Contouring and Laser Center today. We look forward to speaking with you, and to scheduling your initial consultation at either of our convenient office locations in Richmond, VA and Tysons Corner, VA. To schedule a consultation please call 703-740-8333 or Click Here.
For more information on the surgical and non-surgical procedures and treatments by Board Certified Cosmetic Plastic Surgeons Dr. Reps Sundin and Dr. Burton Sundin (serving Northern Virginia, Washington DC, Richmond & Vienna VA areas) please visit