NON-INVASIVE ALTERNATIVES TO BODY CONTOURING SURGERY
Body contouring surgery is performed on patients seeking to enhance their physique by:
- Minimizing the appearance of unsightly bulges or “love handles” around the flanks and waist
- Reducing excess fatty deposits on the abdomen, buttocks, arms, and thighs
- Lifting and tightening loose, sagging skin
- Streamlining the body contours to achieve a more desirable shape
- Improve the proportional balance of the body
Advances in the field of body contouring surgery have facilitated safer procedures with fewer complications; however, any medical operation is associated with some element of risk. Body contouring surgeries necessitate extended recovery periods with significant activity restrictions, in order to allow the body to fully recuperate and heal itself. Fortunately, there are now a multitude of cost-effective, non-invasive options to sculpt and tone the contours of the physique without anesthesia, scalpels, or lengthy downtime requirements.
At the Modern Body Contouring and Laser Center (MBody), our knowledgeable staff members are committed to informing you about the full scope of body contouring options available to you. MBody has two on-site Board Certified plastic surgeons (Dr. Burton Sundin and Dr. Reps Sundin) who can provide expert recommendations regarding your surgical and non-surgical treatment options, helping you to find the service (or combination of services) that best accommodates your budget, cosmetic goals, and time constraints.
Considering Liposuction (lipoplasty, liposculpture) Surgery?
- Liposuction surgery is a body sculpting technique that is ideally suited for “spot reduction,” meaning the targeting of stubborn fatty deposits that have persisted despite traditional diet and exercise regimens. Liposuction is appropriate for male and female patients who have consistently maintained a relatively stable weight, yet still struggle with localized pockets of body fat, often situated around the front and sides of the abdominal region (“muffin top”), outer thighs (“saddlebags”), flanks (“love handles”), and inner thighs. Liposuction surgery must be performed under anesthesia and requires a recovery period of 7-10 days, during which time patients can expect to experience side effects such as swelling and bruising. Similar body sculpting benefits can also be achieved with the following non-invasive treatment options:
- CoolSculpting®: CoolSculpting and liposuction are two very different approaches to the same problem—reducing stubborn, unwanted body fat that has proven resistant to diet and exercise. CoolSculpting freezes away unwanted fat in less than 60 minutes, and does not require any post-treatment downtime, allowing patients to resume their normal activities immediately after treatment with a slimmer, shapelier figure
- Liposonix® Custom Contouring™ System: ideally suited for patients who have reached the dreaded ‘weight loss plateau,’ Liposonix® utilizes ultrasound energy to target that last stubborn inch around your waist, and produces powerful results in a single, 60-minute session. Liposonix® can be an effective complement to a healthy diet/exercise regimen that has leveled off, and is proven to reduce unwanted fat around your abdomen to help noticeably slim your waistline and improve the appearance of undesirable “love handles” and “muffin tops”
- Ultrashape®: FDA-approved Ultrashape® treatments harness the power of pulsed ultrasound technology to safely and effectively spot-reduce fat pockets situated in and around your abdomen, flanks, hips and thighs—in only three quick, painless treatments! Ultrashape® facilitates selective fat cell destruction while protecting healthy muscle cells, reducing the risk of complications (i.e. swelling, bruising) and reducing the need for post-treatment downtime
- truSculpt™: the truSculpt™ body contouring system offers one physique-enhancing benefit that body contouring surgery cannot provide—cellulite reduction! truSculpt™ delivers deep, uniform heat energy to common trouble zones (i.e. thighs, buttocks, flanks), effectively breaking down stubborn fat cells and temporarily reducing the appearance of cellulite
Considering a tummy tuck, thigh lift, or buttocks lift?
- Abdominoplasty (tummy tuck), thighplasty (thigh lift), and butt lift surgery are all body contouring procedures designed to surgically lift, tone, and tighten the skin while removing excess fat from the respective target area (abdomen, thighs, and buttocks). Similar body contouring objectives can be achieved with the following non-invasive service:
- Ultrashape®: in just three treatments, Ultrashape® tightens the skin and improves the appearance of cellulite while simultaneously reducing the size of localized fatty deposits. Ultrashape® does not require any downtime and has a proven clinical record of consistently producing successful skin-tightening and fat-reduction results
CONTACT MODERN BODY CONTOURING AND LASER CENTER (MBODY)
The Modern Body Contouring and Laser Center is a state-of-the-art aesthetic enhancement practice with service delivery capabilities that far surpass those of a traditional med spa—we possess the unique ability to provide a broad range of non-invasive cosmetic services while also offering plastic surgery consultations for our patients upon request. Board Certified plastic surgeons Dr. Burton Sundin and Dr. Reps Sundin created MBody to serve as the non-surgical division of their successful plastic surgery practice, the Virginia Institute of Plastic Surgery. Our valued patients take comfort in knowing that they are in the care of esteemed medical professionals, and that they will receive patient care in a serene, tranquil treatment environment. Your experience at MBody will provide you with a much-needed respite from the chaotic pace of everyday life—this is your time to take care of yourself and emerge rejuvenated, refreshed, and looking your very best!
If you would like additional information about the non-invasive alternatives to body contouring surgery offered at MBody Contouring and Laser Center, please contact our office today. We look forward to speaking with you, and to scheduling your initial consultation at either of our convenient office locations in Richmond, Virginia and Tysons Corner (Vienna), Virginia.
To schedule a consultation please call 703-740-8333 or fill out the form below.
For more information on the surgical and non-surgical procedures and treatments by Board Certified Cosmetic Plastic Surgeons Dr. Reps Sundin and Dr. Burton Sundin please visit