Juvederm Voluma Dermal Filler is a kind of unique filler which is injected in the facial areas of an individual, especially the areas surrounding the nose and the mouth. It is injected in order to reduce the appearance of folds and wrinkles in these areas and also to add volume to the cheeks so that they look fuller.
The Food and Drug Administration has permitted Juvederm Voluma Dermal Filler to be used on the cheek areas of your face as filler in the year 2013. The main ingredient used in this filler is hyaluronic acid which is a naturally occurring substance in your body and is well tolerant by the body. Another ingredient used to make this product is cross linked chains of sugar which helps in supporting tissues additionally.
With age the elasticity of your skin is lost gradually and the skin starts to sag, to prevent this sagging especially of the facial tissues Juvederm Voluma Dermal Filler is used. As it is made up of naturally occurring substances in your body, the results of using this product are also very natural. The results are also visible in patients almost instantaneously and they can last up to almost a year after you take the injection. It is recommended for individuals who are above the age of thirty five years.
As with any other drug administered in the body Juvederm also have some side effects associated with it and you can experience any of the below mentioned effects on the injected area:
These side effects mostly last for up to a maximum of two weeks to four weeks but not more than that.
Precautions while injecting
• For females who are pregnant or are breast feeding, it is advisable to consult a certified doctor before injecting this gel.
• Also individuals who are below thirty five years of age and above sixty five years should maintain caution.
• Juvederm should not be used in any other part of your body except for the check areas of your face.
• If you have a history of keloid formation or hypertrophic scarring it is advisable that you refrain from the usage of Juvederm.
• Precaution should also be maintained if you are suffering from pigmentation disorders.
• Do not opt for any kind of chemical peeling treatment or laser procedure right after you have been injected with Juvederm.
• Refrain from any kind of strenuous exercise and avoid exposing your skin to extreme heat or sun rays initially on the first day following the injection of the gel.
It is also very important that you undergo the injection of Juvederm under the supervision of an expert medical practitioner.
You can contact specialist like Dr. Burton M. Sundin and Dr. Reps B. Sundin of Modern Body Contouring & Laser Center for a consultation. Serving patients in Tysons Corner, Arlington, Richmond, Northern Virginia, Loudoun, Vienna, McLean, Washington DC, Reston, Chevy Chase, Ashburn or any other surrounding communities.
Meet the Doctors
For more information on the surgical and non-surgical procedures and treatments by Board Certified Cosmetic Plastic Surgeons Dr. Reps Sundin and Dr. Burton Sundin please visit
Serving Northern Virginia, Washington DC, Vienna, McLean, Loudoun, Ashburn, Tysons Corner, Reston, Arlington, Chevy Chase, Richmond and surrounding communities.