Before deciding to go ahead with liposuction plastic surgery, a candidate should have complete clarity about the procedure and confidence in the capabilities of the operating surgeon. A well-informed patient will be able to make better decisions and will usually achieve more satisfaction from the final results of the surgery.
A dedicated plastic surgeon will address all doubts and concerns of the patient accurately and in detail. MBody, led by board certified plastic surgeons, provides liposuction to patients in Northern Virginia, Washington DC, Vienna, McLean, Loudoun, Ashburn, Tysons Corner, Reston, Arlington, Chevy Chase, Richmond, Fredricksburg, and surrounding locations.
Questions about the Surgeon
- Are you a board certified plastic surgeon?
- How many years of training and experience do you have in the field of plastic surgery?
- Have you performed liposuction in the past, and what is your success rate in this procedure?
- Where would you perform liposuction – at a hospital, a surgical center or a surgical suite?
- Do you have hospital privileges in one or more hospitals in the local area?
- Is your practice equipped to handle emergencies, if any?
- If I require a revision surgery following primary liposuction, would you perform it?
- Do you receive patients from Northern Virginia, Washington DC, Vienna, McLean, Loudoun, Ashburn, Tysons Corner, Reston, Arlington, Chevy Chase, Richmond, Fredricksburg, and nearby areas?
Questions about the Procedure
- Am I a good candidate for liposuction?
- Is it possible to make the procedure less invasive by combining any non-invasive body contouring procedures with liposuction?
- Do I need to make any dietary or lifestyle adjustments or alter the schedule of my current medications and supplements before liposuction?
- Would you perform the procedure using general or local anesthesia?
- Can I have access to a few liposuction before and after photos pertaining to previous patients who have received liposuction?
Questions about Recovery
- What are the potential risks and complications associated with liposuction?
- How much will be the estimated downtime following liposuction?
- What precautions should I take during the recovery period?
- Is liposuction recovery going to be painful?
- When can I expect to return to my workplace or resume my exercises and other routine activities?
- Do I need someone else to drive me home post surgery?
Questions about Costs
- What will be the estimated costs of liposuction surgery?
- Does the cost estimate include the pre- and post-operative costs as well?
- What will be the cost difference if the procedure is performed at a hospital, a surgical center, or a private surgical suite?
- Will you charge separately for post-operative visits to your office, in addition to your fee as plastic surgeon?
- Can the procedure become more cost-effective if I combine two or more procedures at the same time?
- Can your office assist me with information or guidance regarding insurance and financing?
The patient should also ask for testimonials of previous patients who may have undergone liposuction with the same surgeon. The decision regarding the choice of a surgeon should only be taken once the patient has received satisfactory answers to all their questions.
For more information on the surgical and non-surgical procedures and treatments by Board Certified Cosmetic Plastic Surgeons Dr. Reps Sundin and Dr. Burton Sundin please visit
Serving Northern Virginia, Washington DC, Vienna, McLean, Fairfax, Loudoun County, Ashburn, Tysons Corner, Reston, Arlington, Fredricksburg, Chevy Chase, Potomac, Maryland Richmond, VA and surrounding communities.