Fat transfer buttock augmentation is a relatively less invasive plastic surgery procedure designed to add volume to the buttocks and provide them a subtle lift. Women and men who want to enhance the shape and size of the posterior region but do not wish to undergo invasive implant surgery may make good candidates for fat transfer buttock augmentation.
An individual who has undergone a significant weight loss or a woman who has lost volume in the posterior area following pregnancy can restore rounder and shapelier buttocks with this procedure. Board certified plastic surgeons at MBody provide fat transfer buttock augmentation to patients in Northern Virginia, Washington DC, Vienna, McLean, Loudoun, Ashburn, Tysons Corner, Reston, Arlington, Chevy Chase, Richmond, Fredricksburg, and surrounding communities.
Candidates with Specific Needs
One of the advantages with fat transfer buttock augmentation is that the procedure can be tailored to suit the specific needs of a candidate. Some individuals may want significant volumizing to create bouncier and fuller buttocks, while some others may only need a subtle augmentation. Some candidates may only need to improve the shape and symmetry of the rear end.
Individuals who are considering body contouring procedures such as tummy tuck or liposuction, or women seeking mommy makeover surgery, may also make ideal candidates for fat transfer buttock augmentation to create more even looking outcomes.
Criteria for Candidacy
To qualify as an appropriate candidate for fat transfer buttock augmentation plastic surgery, an individual should ideally meet the following criteria:
- They should not have excessive tissue or loose skin in the posterior area, and the skin should be fairly elastic. In case of loose buttock skin, they may be more appropriate candidates for traditional butt lift surgery.
- They should have a cosmetic goal to achieve higher volume in the buttocks in the least invasive manner.
- They should have spare fat tissue available in donor sites such as the abdomen, thighs or love handles. Excess fat from these areas can be removed for subsequent transfer to the buttocks. Candidates should know that three to four times of the required fat will need to be removed from donor areas in order to obtain purified fat for transfer.
- Candidates who do not have spare fat deposits should be prepared to undergo a weight gain program prior to fat transfer buttock augmentation.
Experienced plastic surgeons at MBody receive patients from Northern Virginia, Washington DC, Vienna, McLean, Loudoun, Ashburn, Tysons Corner, Reston, Arlington, Chevy Chase, Richmond, Fredricksburg, and nearby areas for fat transfer buttock augmentation.
Additional Candidacy Requirements
A good candidate for this procedure will also meet these additional requirements:
- Body structure should be appropriate and body weight should be stable.
- The overall health should be good, and fitness to undergo anesthesia and sustain liposuction from donor areas.
- Cosmetic goals should be clear, and should have a positive mindset and realistic expectations.
The surgeon will also prefer the candidate to be a non-smoker or having a commitment to quit smoking for a certain period prior to the surgery.
For more information on the surgical and non-surgical procedures and treatments by Board Certified Cosmetic Plastic Surgeons Dr. Reps Sundin and Dr. Burton Sundin please visit
Serving Northern Virginia, Washington DC, Vienna, McLean, Fairfax, Loudoun County, Ashburn, Tysons Corner, Reston, Arlington, Fredricksburg, Chevy Chase, Potomac, Maryland Richmond, VA and surrounding communities.