Stubborn fat deposits in certain areas of the body can create uneven body contours and compromise the overall appearance. Liposuction is the leading cosmetic surgery procedure to reduce unwanted fat pockets. Thousands of women and men regain more attractive and youthful contours with liposuction every year in the US.
However, not every patient may be ready to undergo a surgical procedure for body contouring. In such cases, where the patient is looking for a non-invasive alternative to liposuction, the plastic surgeon may offer CoolSculpting. It is a revolutionary non-surgical procedure to reduce fat deposits without involving any cuts, incisions or needles.
MBody is a leading aesthetic practice offering liposuction and CoolSculpting to patients in Northern Virginia, Washington DC, Vienna, McLean, Loudoun, Ashburn, Tysons Corner, Reston, Arlington, Chevy Chase, Richmond, Fredricksburg, and surrounding locations.
What is Liposuction?
Liposuction is a plastic surgery procedure involving one or more incisions in the targeted area to remove excess fat tissue. The surgeon will introduce a thin cannula through the incision to dislodge stubborn fat cells. These fats will be suctioned out through a syringe or suction pump attached to the other end of the cannula. After the fat removal, the surgeon will close the incisions with sutures.
What is CoolSculpting?
CoolSculpting is a unique non-invasive fat reduction treatment involving a highly innovative cooling process to reduce unwanted fat cells. The targeted area is exposed to a cold temperature, causing the fat cells to become frozen quickly. These fat cells will gradually die and get removed from the body in the natural metabolic process.
Leading cosmetic surgeons at MBody receive patients from Northern Virginia, Washington DC, Vienna, McLean, Loudoun, Ashburn, Tysons Corner, Reston, Arlington, Chevy Chase, Richmond, Fredricksburg, and nearby areas for CoolSculpting procedure.
Benefits of Liposuction
- More comprehensive fat reduction is possible in comparison to CoolSculpting
- Patients with large amounts of fat deposits can benefit significantly
- Results will be visible quickly as the post-operative swelling resolves
- Liposuction can be combined with laser, ultrasound or radio frequency techniques for more effective outcomes
- Advanced techniques can be used to create specific aesthetic effects such as ‘six pack’ abs while performing liposuction
- Liposuction can be combined with various other surgical or non-surgical procedures to create less invasive and more effective results
Benefits of CoolSculpting
- CoolSculpting is completely non-invasive, and patients who are unable or unwilling to receive surgery may easily choose this option
- The procedure does not cause any pain during the treatment session or afterwards
- Almost no downtime is involved in CoolSculpting, and most patient can simply return to their normal activities immediately.
- Risks of side effects and complications that are typically associated with a surgical procedure such as liposuction are entirely avoided in case of CoolSculpting.
- Fat cells are reduced with CoolSculpting in the treated areas.
- The procedure is safe, FDA cleared, more affordable.
An experienced treatment provider will recommend the most appropriate body contouring procedure according to the patient’s unique needs.
For more information on the surgical and non-surgical procedures and treatments by Board Certified Cosmetic Plastic Surgeons Dr. Reps Sundin and Dr. Burton Sundin please visit
Serving Northern Virginia, Washington DC, Vienna, McLean, Fairfax, Loudoun County, Ashburn, Tysons Corner, Reston, Arlington, Fredricksburg, Chevy Chase, Potomac, Maryland Richmond, VA and surrounding communities.