The patient should be ready to go prepared for the breast augmentation plastic surgery consultation. She should preferably have a list of questions ready beforehand so that all her concerns and doubts can be cleared at one time prior to the decision on surgery.
MBody, led by board certified plastic surgeons, provides breast augmentation to patients in Northern Virginia, Washington DC, Vienna, McLean, Loudoun, Ashburn, Tysons Corner, Reston, Arlington, Chevy Chase, Richmond, Fredricksburg, and surrounding locations.
Familiarity with the Surgeon
The patient should have an idea about the background of the operating surgeon who will perform her breast augmentation plastic surgery procedure. Key questions to ask in this regard will include:
- Do you have a board certification in plastic surgery?
- How many years of training and experience do you have in surgical procedures?
- Have you previous performed breast augmentation surgery, and what is your success rate?
- Would you perform the procedure at a hospital, accredited surgical center or a surgical suite?
Knowing about Other Patients
- Can I have access to breast augmentation before and after photos of your previous patients?
- Can I review testimonials of one or more of your earlier patients who have undergone breast augmentation?
- Is it possible to provide me with a video of the breast augmentation procedure so that I can understand better how it will be performed?
- Do you receive patients from Northern Virginia, Washington DC, Vienna, McLean, Loudoun, Ashburn, Tysons Corner, Reston, Arlington, Chevy Chase, Richmond, Fredricksburg, and nearby areas?
Assessing Breast Implants Options
- Would you recommend silicone or saline breast implants?
- What implant size would be more appropriate for me?
- Will I experience loss of sensation in the nipples or incision sites following breast augmentation?
- Will I be able to breastfeed in the future?
- Will the implants interfere with my future mammograms?
- Is there a warranty on breast implants, and what will be their cost in case of replacement?
Risks and Complications
- What are the general risks and complications involved in breast augmentation?
- Can you make the procedure less invasive or take measures to minimize surgical risk?
- Are there any precautions I need to take following breast augmentation?
- Do you have a policy with regard to breast revision surgery?
- Should I acquire insurance coverage for complications?
Preparation and Recovery
- Would you recommend any dietary or lifestyle changes prior to the breast augmentation surgery?
- How much of pain and discomfort should I expect during the post-surgical recovery?
- Would I require any alteration of schedules for my current medications and supplements?
- How much downtime is estimated after the surgery?
- When will I be able to resume my exercise regimen?
The patient should also feel free to ask questions about the estimated costs of procedure. If the surgeon’s office has some information about medical financing, the patient should seek such information right at the time of pre-op consultation and initiate the financing process early.
For more information on the surgical and non-surgical procedures and treatments by Board Certified Cosmetic Plastic Surgeons Dr. Reps Sundin and Dr. Burton Sundin please visit
Serving Northern Virginia, Washington DC, Vienna, McLean, Fairfax, Loudoun County, Ashburn, Tysons Corner, Reston, Arlington, Fredricksburg, Chevy Chase, Potomac, Maryland Richmond, VA and surrounding communities.