The patient should be the only person to decide on a plastic surgery procedure, such as liposuction. External factors should not have an influence on this decision.
However, the patient should decide to proceed with the procedure after careful consideration and achieving clarity on all doubts and concerns that they may have.
Patients who have complete clarity will usually attain the highest satisfaction levels with surgical outcomes. A committed surgeon will answer any questions that the patient may have in an in-depth and precise manner.
Modern Body Contouring & Laser Center, led by board certified plastic surgeons Dr. Burton M. Sundin and Dr. Reps B. Sundin, provides liposuction body sculpting to patients in Northern Virginia, Washington DC, Vienna, McLean, Loudoun, Ashburn, Tysons Corner, Reston, Arlington, Chevy Chase, Richmond, Fredericksburg, and surrounding communities.
Questions About The Surgeon
- Are you board certified in plastic surgery?
- What us your background and experience in the area of plastic surgery?
- Do you have expertise in liposuction surgery? What is your rate of patient satisfaction in this surgical procedure?
- What surgical venue would you recommend for my liposuction procedure?
- Do you have staff privileges at one of the local hospitals?
- In case of an emergency during or after the surgery, is your practice equipped to deal with it?
- If I am unhappy with the results of liposuction, would you perform revision surgery?
Questions about Liposuction Surgery
- Is liposuction a suitable procedure for me?
- What surgical technique and technology would you use for my plastic surgery?
- Will the procedure be done using general anesthesia or local anesthesia?
- How long will it take to complete the procedure? Will I be able to return home on the same day?
- Do I need to undertake any particular steps to prepare for the procedure?
- Can I view a video of the procedure or view liposuction before and after pictures of previous patients?
Questions about Recovery
- Will the recovery after liposuction be painful?
- How much downtime is associated with this procedure?
- Are there any measures that I can take for a quicker and safer recovery?
- What are the risks and complications associated with liposuction surgery?
- When can I resume my routine (including exercise) or return to work?
Questions about Costs
- How much does liposuction plastic surgery cost?
- Does your cost estimate include pre and post-op costs?
- Will there be a reduction in the costs if liposuction is performed at a surgical center instead of a hospital?
- Will I have to pay additionally for post-operative appointments?
- Can I get a rebate if I choose to receive more than one procedure simultaneously?
- Will your administrative staff be able to guide me on insurance and financing options?
If the patient does not achieve clarity with the surgeon’s responses, they should request them to clarify further to attain complete satisfaction prior to proceeding with the liposuction surgery. Stemming from this, the patient should ask to view testimonials of previous patients to learn about the practice and the surgeon from the perspective of another patient.
Plastic surgeons at MBody receive patients from Northern Virginia, Washington DC, Vienna, McLean, Loudoun, Ashburn, Tysons Corner, Reston, Arlington, Chevy Chase, Richmond, Fredericksburg, and nearby areas for liposuction body contouring.
Serving Northern Virginia, Washington DC, Vienna, McLean, Fairfax, Loudoun County, Ashburn, Tysons Corner, Reston, Arlington, Fredricksburg, Chevy Chase, Potomac, Maryland Richmond, VA and surrounding communities.