A candidate for tummy tuck plastic surgery procedure should be fully clear about all aspects of the surgery and about the expertise and authority of the operating surgeon. A well-informed patient will be in a better position to make the right decisions and will draw optimal satisfaction from the procedure.
A dedicated plastic surgeon will encourage the patient to clarify all their doubts and concerns and address their questions in a detailed and accurate manner. MBody provides tummy tuck to patients in Northern Virginia, Washington DC, Vienna, McLean, Loudoun, Ashburn, Tysons Corner, Reston, Arlington, Chevy Chase, Richmond, Fredricksburg, and surrounding locations.
Questions about the Surgeon
- Do you have a board certification in plastic surgery?
- How many years of training and experience do you have in the area of plastic surgery?
- Have you performed tummy tuck surgeries in the past, and what has been your success rate?
- Would you perform tummy tuck at a hospital or another surgical venue?
- Do you have hospital privileges at one or more hospitals in the local area?
- Is your practice equipped to deal with any emergency that may arise during or after the surgery?
- Do you have a policy for revision procedures, in case the primary tummy tuck results are not satisfactory?
- Which other surgical and non-surgical procedures do you perform?
- Do you receive patients from Northern Virginia, Washington DC, Vienna, McLean, Loudoun, Ashburn, Tysons Corner, Reston, Arlington, Chevy Chase, Richmond, Fredricksburg, and nearby areas?
Questions about Tummy Tuck
- Am I a good candidate for tummy tuck?
- Is it possible to make the procedure less invasive by combining non-surgical procedures?
- Do I need to make any dietary or lifestyle changes ahead of my surgery?
- Would you perform tummy tuck using general or local anesthesia?
- Do you working with an anesthesiologist or a registered anesthetic nurse?
- Will the procedure be performed on an outpatient basis or will I require hospital stay?
- What are the potential risks and complications involved in tummy tuck surgery?
- How much post-operative downtime will be involved?
- Can you provide me with tummy tuck before and after photos of previous patients?
Questions about Price
- How much fee would you charge as a plastic surgeon for tummy tuck procedure?
- Will the cost include anesthesia and surgical venue costs?
- How much would the dollar amount of post-op recovery, including visits to your office, surgical accessories, medical tests, and prescription drugs?
- Will the procedure be more cost-effective if I combine it with other cosmetic treatments?
- Are there any cases where tummy tuck costs can be covered under my health plan?
- Are there any financing options that I can take advantage of?
The patient should choose the tummy tuck surgeon only after they are satisfied with the surgeon’s answers to these questions. The skill of the surgeon is the most important factor, but the personal rapport and trust with the surgeon will also make a key difference to the final outcome.
For more information on the surgical and non-surgical procedures and treatments by Board Certified Cosmetic Plastic Surgeons Dr. Reps Sundin and Dr. Burton Sundin please visit
Serving Northern Virginia, Washington DC, Vienna, McLean, Fairfax, Loudoun County, Ashburn, Tysons Corner, Reston, Arlington, Fredricksburg, Chevy Chase, Potomac, Maryland Richmond, VA and surrounding communities.