From a cosmetic perspective, the face is a complex part of the body. Due to this reason, only a highly skilled and experienced surgeon should perform a significant procedure such as facelift plastic surgery.
The patient should choose a skilled and qualified plastic surgeon and ask relevant questions during the pre-operative consultation to achieve clarity on the surgery.
Modern Body Contouring & Laser Center, led by board certified plastic surgeons Dr. Burton M. Sundin and Dr. Reps B. Sundin, provides facelift to patients in Northern Virginia, Washington DC, Vienna, McLean, Loudoun, Ashburn, Tysons Corner, Reston, Arlington, Chevy Chase, Richmond, Fredericksburg, and surrounding locations.
Educated and Independent Decision
The patient should make the decision to undergo a major procedure such as facelift surgery independently, without any influence or pressure from external sources such as their peers or magazines.
Before the surgery, the patient will be required to sign legal consent forms stating that they are undergoing this procedure out of their free will and understand the possible risks associated with facelift surgery.
Questions to Ask
- Do you have a board certification in plastic surgery? If yes, which board has certified you?
- Do you have specialized training in the area of cosmetic surgery? What number of years of training and experience do you have in this area?
- Where will you undertake my facelift surgery? Do you have operating privileges at a local hospital?
- Do you have past experience in performing facelift surgery? What is your rate of success?
- Is your support team properly qualified and trained?
- Which area do most of your patients come from?
- Am I a good candidate for a facelift?
- Will I be able to achieve similar results as a facelift with a non-surgical cosmetic procedure?
- What would be an outstanding, average and poor outcome from facelift surgery?
- Can I see facelift before and after photos of previous patients?
- Can I talk to any of your team members or previous patients to understand more about the procedure and practice?
- Will you perform the surgery at an accredited surgical venue?
- Will you undertake the facelift surgery using general anesthesia or local anesthesia?
- In case of an emergency situation, do you have appropriate measures in place?
- Will I be able to see you during my appointments at the office for the facelift surgery?
- What is the time taken to complete the facelift surgery?
- Will I need any lab tests and health clearances prior to undergoing the procedure?
- What are the potential risks and complications that may occur during or after the facelift procedure?
- What should I expect during the recovery duration after facelift surgery?
Ideally, the patient should review as many facelift before and after photos as they can to develop clarity on the procedure as well as reasonable expectations. They can also get more information on the surgeon’s reputation by requesting to see testimonials from previous patients.
It is now easy for patients to gather more information, reviews, and feedback about the surgeon and their practice online. They may also contact the state medical board for surgeon verification.
Transparency is the key here. No one should sign any paper work unless they know what they are signing up for.
Plastic surgeons at MBody receive patients from Northern Virginia, Washington DC, Vienna, McLean, Loudoun, Ashburn, Tysons Corner, Reston, Arlington, Chevy Chase, Richmond, Fredericksburg, and nearby areas for facelift.
Serving Northern Virginia, Washington DC, Vienna, McLean, Fairfax, Loudoun County, Ashburn, Tysons Corner, Reston, Arlington, Fredricksburg, Chevy Chase, Potomac, Maryland Richmond, VA and surrounding communities.