The pre-operative consultation for fat transfer buttock augmentation plastic surgery is a critical part of the overall procedure. It will involve confirming the patient’s candidacy for this surgery, addressing the patient’s doubts and concerns, and developing a customized surgical plan.
Board certified plastic surgeons at MBody provide fat transfer buttock augmentation to patients in Northern Virginia, Washington DC, Vienna, McLean, Loudoun, Ashburn, Tysons Corner, Reston, Arlington, Chevy Chase, Richmond, Fredericksburg, and surrounding communities.
Preparing for Consultation
Some advance preparation will help to ensure a more successful consultation. The patient should:
- Arrange for their medical records, including information about chronic conditions, allergies, and weight fluctuations, to reach the surgeon’s office.
- Discuss with the insurance company whether a part of the butt augmentation costs may be covered by them. If so, they may carry the relevant documentation to the consultation with the surgeon.
- Prepare a list of all prescription and non-prescription drugs and supplements for a review by the surgeon and to make any adjustments in their schedule.
- Compile a list of questions that the patient may like to ask from the surgeon during the initial consultation about fat transfer buttock augmentation plastic surgery.
- Collect photos from magazines or websites to represent how the patient would like their posterior to appear after the surgery.
During the Appointment
At the time of the appointment, the plastic surgeon will typically perform the following tasks:
Assess the Lower Body and Midsection
The surgeon will examine the overall figure of the patient, particularly the hips, buttocks and the abdomen. They will look for the appropriate sites where liposuction can be performed to extract surplus fat.
The overall body shape and proportion will be assessed to determine the right technique for fat transfer butt augmentation in order to create proportionate, natural looking results. The patient will also have the opportunity to point out their specific problem areas and discuss their personal cosmetic goals.
The surgeon will review the medical records to determine any potential risks that may arise during or after the surgery. If the patient needs to gain a certain amount of weight or adjust lifestyle habits such as quitting smoking at least for a certain period, the surgeon will advise these goals along with a timeframe.
The surgeon may order a few medical tests, if necessary. Current medications may be adjusted in consultation with the patient’s primary care physician.
The surgeon will present fat transfer buttock augmentation before and after photographs to help the patient to form realistic expectations. The current state of the buttocks will also be photographed with the patient’s consent for comparison with the new figure achieved after the surgery.
The patient should also feel free to ask questions related to the estimated costs of butt augmentation procedure as well as clarify concerns about payment methods and financing. MBody receives patients from Northern Virginia, Washington DC, Vienna, Arlington, Chevy Chase, Richmond, Fredericksburg, McLean, Loudoun, Ashburn, Tysons Corner, Reston, and other parts of this county and adjacent counties for fat transfer butt augmentation surgery.
For more information on the surgical and non-surgical procedures and treatments by Board Certified Cosmetic Plastic Surgeons Dr. Reps Sundin and Dr. Burton Sundin please visit
Serving Northern Virginia, Washington DC, Vienna, McLean, Fairfax, Loudoun County, Ashburn, Tysons Corner, Reston, Arlington, Fredricksburg, Chevy Chase, Potomac, Maryland Richmond, VA and surrounding communities.