Pre-operative preparation lays the foundation for a successful plastic surgery procedure. In case of fat transfer buttock augmentation, the surgeon will provide instructions for preparation at the time of initial consultation. The patient should plan ahead and be committed to following the surgeon’s instructions as closely as possible.
Board certified plastic surgeon at MBody provide fat transfer buttock augmentation and various other procedures to patients in Northern Virginia, Washington DC, Vienna, McLean, Loudoun, Ashburn, Tysons Corner, Reston, Arlington, Chevy Chase, Richmond, Fredericksburg, and surrounding communities.
Guidelines for Preparation
In general, the candidate should work to ensure that they are as fit and healthy as possible before undergoing fat transfer buttock augmentation plastic surgery. Prior to the procedure, they should follow these tips:
- Quit smoking for a certain period of time as specified by the surgeon. Heavy consumption of alcohol should also be avoided, and the patient should completely refrain from drinking in the last 48 hours preceding the surgery.
- Blood thinning medications, NSAIDs, aspirin, herbal supplements and certain vitamins must not be used for at least two weeks before the surgery. These drugs can interfere with the healing process, and the surgeon will specifically advise against their use.
- The schedule of any prescription medications may have to be adjusted in consultation with the prescribing doctor.
- Stay sufficiently hydrated at all times.
- Take a balanced diet, and increase the consumption of lean proteins, which can help during the recovery.
- If weight gain is necessary to qualify for fat transfer butt augmentation, the patient should seek advice from a nutritionist to follow a healthy way to achieve that goal.
- If the skin around the buttocks is saggy, the cleaning in the area should be very thorough to prevent infection.
- The patient should arrange for a family member or friend or another responsible person to drive them back home after the butt augmentation surgery.
- The patient should ideally arrange for aftercare for a few days until the initial soreness, bruising and swelling subsides.
- Leave from the workplace should be applied in advance because the patient will require at least one week of rest at home after the surgery.
- If the patient has little children, she may consider hiring a nanny or ask for help from a friend to look after them.
- Adequate sleep and rest is important in the days preceding the surgery, and particularly on the night before the surgery.
- The surgeon may prescribe iron supplements to boost the patient’s healing ability.
- It is recommended for the patient to go over the post-op care instructions and any last-minute questions may be asked before the surgery.
- The patient should arrange for compression garment, pain meds, antibiotics, gauze and any other post-operative requirements before the surgery.
- No food or water should be consumed for at least eight hours prior to the surgery.
Mbody’s outstanding and practiced plastic surgeons receive patients from Northern Virginia, Washington DC, Vienna, McLean, Loudoun, Ashburn, Chevy Chase, Richmond, Fredericksburg, Tysons Corner, Reston, Arlington, and other locations throughout the immediate landscape for fat transfer buttock augmentation surgery.
For more information on the surgical and non-surgical procedures and treatments by Board Certified Cosmetic Plastic Surgeons Dr. Reps Sundin and Dr. Burton Sundin please visit
Serving Northern Virginia, Washington DC, Vienna, McLean, Fairfax, Loudoun County, Ashburn, Tysons Corner, Reston, Arlington, Fredricksburg, Chevy Chase, Potomac, Maryland Richmond, VA and surrounding communities.