Skin Removal Surgery
Losing excess weight is excellent for your health and aesthetic appearance, but sometimes the benefits may be offset by the appearance of loose, inelastic skin in certain areas after a massive weight loss. Aging effects and pregnancy can also contribute to unsightly loose skin folds in certain areas of the body. In many cases, excess hanging skin can also create problems such as frequent infections, skin rashes, chafing, discomfort, and obstruction in performing some activities.
Skin removal surgery is a safe and proven way to resolve this condition. Plastic surgery becomes important in these cases because once the skin loses elasticity it may not be regained simply with diet or exercise. You should talk to your surgeon for a customized skin tightening and contouring plan.
Modern Body Contouring & Laser Center, led by board certified plastic surgeons Dr. Burton M. Sundin and Dr. Reps B. Sundin, provides skin removal surgery to patients in Northern Virginia, Washington DC, Vienna, McLean, Loudoun, Ashburn, Tysons Corner, Reston, Arlington, Chevy Chase, Richmond, Fredericksburg, and surrounding communities.
Types of Skin Removal Procedures
One or more of the following cosmetic surgery procedures may be included as part of your excess skin removal procedure:
- Abdominoplasty: Popularly known as tummy tuck, this procedure is designed to eliminate excess skin from the abdominal area. Your surgeon may also tighten the loose muscles and remove excess fat.
- Body Lift: A comprehensive skin removal surgery may include a full body lift, or just lower or upper body lift. Procedures such as back lift, arm lift, Brazilian butt lift, and thigh lift may be included.
- Liposuction: Skin removal surgery may sometimes be combined with liposuction to create more natural and even looking results. Talk to your surgeon about your candidacy for liposuction with body lift.
- Mommy Makeover: This is a major but highly popular plastic surgery procedure sought by moms who want to gain back their pre-pregnancy appearance. It may combine multiple skin removal surgeries.
Who Should Choose Skin Removal Surgery?
Any woman or man who is bothered by the appearance of loose, hanging skin in certain areas after a bariatric surgery, pregnancy or simply due to aging could benefit from skin removal surgery. Make sure your body weight is not fluctuating any longer when you consider this surgery.
If you have any near future plans for a pregnancy or weight loss, you should avoid skin removal surgery. Your surgeon will require you to stop smoking for at least a few weeks before and after the surgery, and you should be committed to follow their instructions.
Skin removal surgery procedure is fairly straightforward, but minor variations may occur depending on your custom surgery plan. The procedure steps will generally include the following:
- You will be placed under general anesthesia
- Your surgeon will place the incisions in the marked areas
- Through the incisions, they will remove the excess skin tissue
- The remaining skin will be tightened and shaped to form youthful contours, and re-draped smoothly over the area
- Your surgeon will close the incisions with absorbable sutures
- The incision areas will be covered with bandages
Cosmetic surgeons at MBody receive patients from Northern Virginia, Washington DC, Vienna, McLean, Loudoun, Ashburn, Tysons Corner, Reston, Arlington, Chevy Chase, Richmond, Fredericksburg, and nearby areas for skin removal surgery.
CONTACT MBODY CONTOURING AND LASER CENTER in NORTHERN VIRGINIA
For more information on the surgical and non-surgical procedures and treatments by Board Certified Cosmetic Plastic Surgeons Dr. Reps Sundin and Dr. Burton Sundin please visit or click here to contact us.
Serving Northern Virginia, Washington DC, Vienna, McLean, Fairfax, Loudoun County, Ashburn, Tysons Corner, Reston, Arlington, Fredricksburg, Chevy Chase, Potomac, Maryland Richmond, VA and surrounding communities.